Our equality and diversity strategy
Our equality and diversity strategy provides:
- a statement of commitment by our president
- an introduction to the strategy and what it means for the Society and the profession
- details of the standards and responsibilities we need to meet
- an overview of the organisation
- an overview of the legislation and codes
- information on how we will publish results of work and further information
- our strategic equality and diversity objectives for the period 2014 to 2017
- a report on what we achieved during the period of the last strategy 2011 to 2014
- an action plan for implementing our objectives during 2014 to 2017
- information on our equality impact assessments
This latest strategy was approved by the Society's Council in November 2014 and published in Janauary 2015.
Until 2007, the Society issued specific annual reports on its work in implementing the strategy. Since then, this has been incorporated into the Society's annual reports.
Copies of our previous strategies can be made available by request: contact the head of diversity: firstname.lastname@example.org
View some of the work the Society has carried out in implementation of the strategy with research.