Sub-committees of the Regulatory Committee
Appeals and Reviews Sub-committee
Colin Dunipace - Convener
David Meighan - Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The aims and functions are to:
- Consider appeals lodged against decisions made by regulatory sub-committees, where there is no statutory or other right of appeal available other than by Judicial Review. The grounds of appeal are specified in guidance. The sub-committee may:
- Uphold an original decision of a regulatory sub-committee.
- Vary all or part of an original decision.
- Overturn all or part of an original decision and substitute the original decision for an alternative decision.
- Overturn an original decision and require the original sub-committee to reconsider the matter, with appropriate directions.
- Report to the Regulatory Committee, yearly or as identified by the sub-committee, in relation to the nature and frequency of the appeals that it hears, together with proposals/recommendations for improvements in the Society's regulatory processes.