Qualifying into Scotland
Transfer tests are in place for solicitors from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and other parts of the European Union who wish to requalify as Scottish solicitors.
The intra-UK transfer test is applicable to solicitors qualified in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The aptitude test for EU-qualified lawyers applies to all other European Union qualified lawyers.
Those wishing to apply for an exemption in a subject should complete the Exemption Checklist and send the appropriate documentation and fee. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lawyers from non-EU jurisdictions wishing to requalify in Scotland should email Martyn Robinson in the Education, Training and Qualifications Department for guidance about requirements and should provide information on when they qualified and in which country/region they are admitted.
Avenue des Nerviens
T: +32 2 743 8585
F: +32 2 743 8586
Latest-news-for-new-lawyers Rss Feed
- The apprenticeship levy – what does it mean for the profession and alternative routes to qualification?
- Returning to uni for the accelerated LLB
- How dancing will make me a better trainee
- Find out how you can support the next generation of Scottish Solicitors
- Losing a loved one but keeping your studies on track