Robert Gordon University
The subjects below are the subjects you need to complete in order to become a solicitor in Scotland.
- If you have not completed all of the subjects listed below, we can assist to ensure you have the opportunity to undertake those remaining subjects. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- While the subjects are required for entry to the solicitors' profession, you may also need to complete additional subjects in order to graduate with the LLB. In addition, some further subjects may be required for entry to the Faculty of Advocates. Please contact your Director of Studies for information on this.
- Not all of the subjects listed below are necessarily compulsory on the LLB, so please do ensure you are taking all the subjects you need, if you wish to qualify as a solicitor in the future. Your Director of Studies can help with this.
- Your marks in these subjects will also be used as a basis for deciding who will be offered a place on the Diploma. Students are ranked based on their performance in the subjects.
If you move(d) from the BA law and management onto the LLB at Robert Gordon University, it is likely there will be some variations to the subjects listed below or to the years in which you take these subjects. The university has carefully considered your degree route and you should contact your Director of Studies at the university to check which subjects are required, to ensure you have completed them all.
- legal systems
- legal methods
- constitutional law
- property law
- human rights
- law of contract
- commercial law
- criminal law
- European Union law
- property rights in land
- law of evidence
- family law
- company law
- practical legal skills and ethics