We're launching a brand new series of local events for current trainees across Scotland. They're completely free of charge to attend and are designed to support you.
Meet fellow trainees over informal drinks
These events are intended to be a laid back opportunity for you to meet fellow trainees who are working in your area. Building up a good network and having friends in the profession can be really beneficial to your future career as well as crucial to your general wellbeing.
Listen to a panel discussion featuring our trainee experts
This isn't just another talk about what you need to be doing as a trainee as you know that already.
Instead, we want an open discussion about what being a trainee is like, including common questions from trainees, issues you may encounter and how you can get more support from the profession. Whether that's from an advice line, or by building your social network by getting involved outside your workplace.
Our panel members are:
- Trish McLellan: Co-ordinator for LawCare in Scotland & Northern Ireland
- Your local SYLA rep (Scottish Young Lawyers' Association)
- Katie Wood: Head of Admissions, the Law Society
(and anonymous listening ear from the Law Society’s trainee helpline)
- Heather McKendrick: Head of Careers & Outreach, the Law Society
Ask questions and openly discuss your experiences
Maybe you'll have questions for the panel, but maybe you'd prefer to talk about how you're finding your traineeship with your fellow trainees! It can be really helpful to hear everyone having the same highs and lows, concerns and questions - after all, you're all in the same boat!
Attend at a venue close to you
We want as many trainees to attend as possible, so we're taking the show on tour.
All events are after work (6-8pm) so you we don't interfere with your working day. Here's where we'll be and when:
- Tuesday, 18th October: Dundee, Thorntons LLP
- Thursday, 20th October: Edinburgh, Law Society of Scotland offices
- Tuesday, 15th November: Aberdeen, The Society of Advocates
- Thursday, 17th November: Glasgow, The Royal Faculty of Procurators
Just email email@example.com and state which event you'd like to attend.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Some events may be capped based on the capacity of the respective venues.