Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill
The Bill aims to:
- Overhaul the employment tribunal system, and transform the dispute resolution landscape.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of competition enforcement and the competitiveness of markets, by strengthening the regime and improving the speed and predictability for business.
- Set the purpose of the UK Green Investment Bank and ensure its independence.
- Strengthen the framework for setting directors' pay by introducing binding votes.
- Extend the Primary Authority scheme, reduce inspection burdens on business and strengthen the legal framework for sunset clauses on regulation.
- Repeal unnecessary legislation, cutting the burden on business and citizens.
The Society's Stephen Miller, of the Employment Law Committee, gave oral evidence to the Public Bill Committee on 21 June regarding Part 2 of the Bill
- Visit the UK Parliament website to view the Bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (July 2012)