Scottish Civil Justice Council and Criminal Legal Assistance Bill
A Bill which would establish a Scottish Civil Justice Council and introduce financial contributions for criminal legal aid for the first time.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament's website to view the Bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (July 2012)
- The Law Society's Stage 1 briefing for MSPs (October 2012)
- The Law Society Stage 2 Amendments (November 2012)
- The Law Society of Scotland Stage 3 Brief (January 2013)
The Society has written a Quick Guide to Contributions and created a briefing pack, which are available on the Society's criminal legal aid pages (Sept 2012).