Criminal Justice (Scotland) Bill
A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make provision about criminal justice including as to police powers and rights of suspects and as to criminal evidence, procedure and sentencing; to establish the Police Negotiating Board for Scotland; and for connected purposes.
The Bill was introduced on 20 June 2013.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the Bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (September 2013)
- The Law Society of Scotland's response on the Estimated Financial Implications (September 2013)
- Letter to the Finance Committee (October 2013)
- Watch Raymond McMenamin give oral evidence to the Justice Committee at Stage 1 - Corroboration and related items (26 November 2013)
- Watch Murray Macara give oral evidence to the Justice Committee at Stage 1 (at 1hr43mins) (19 November 2013)
- Watch Grazia Robertson give oral evidence to the Justice Committee at Stage 1 - Part 1 Arrest and Custody (at 1hr22mins) (1 October 2013)
- The Law Society of Scotland's Stage 1 Briefing to MSPs (February 2014)
- Stage 2 Amendments - August 2015
Call for written evidence on proposals to end automatic early release of certain categories of prisoners
The Justice Committee is seeking views on the Scottish Government's proposals to end the automatic early release of certain categories of prisoners.