Community Empowerment (Scotland) Bill
A Bill to confer functions on certain persons in relation to services provided by, and assets of, certain public bodies; to amend Part 2 of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003; to enable certain bodies to buy abandoned or neglected land; to make provision for registers of common good property and about disposal and use of such property; to restate and amend the law on allotments; to enable local authorities to reduce or remit non-domestic rates; and for connected purposes.
Government Bill introduced by John Swinney MSP on 11 June 2014.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (September 2014)
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence - Crofting Community Right to Buy (October 2014)
- Watch Duncan Burd of our Rural Affairs sub committee give evidence to the Scottish Parliament (26 November 2014) (Segment starts 1hr28mins30s)
- Read our Stage 1 Briefing (January 2015)
- Further written evidence to RACCE Committee (February 2015)
- Watch Duncan Burd give evidence to the RACCE Committee on Crofting Community Right to Buy (February 2015) (Segment starts at 1hr21m37s)
- Stage 2 Amendments (February 2015)
- Stage 3 Briefing (June 2015)