Consumer Rights Bill
The intention of the Bill is to strengthen the rights of UK consumers through focusing on the protection of the consumer and strengthening rights, whilst providing certainty and clarity for both consumers and those providing consumer advice.
First reading in the House of Lords took place on June 17.
- Full details on the bill can be found on the UK parliament website
- The Law Society's written evidence (March 2014)
- The Law Society's 2nd reading letter (June 2014)
- The Law Society's Amendement (Committee Stage) (July 2014)
- The Law Society of Scotland's Amendments - House of Lords Committee Stage (October 2014)