Courts Reform (Scotland) Bill
A Bill to make provision about the sheriff courts; to establish a Sheriff Appeal Court; to make provision about civil court procedure; to make provision about appeals in civil proceedings; to make provision about appeals in criminal proceedings; to make provision about justice of the peace courts; to rename the Scottish Court Service and give it functions in relation to tribunals; and for connected purposes.
This Government Bill was introduced by Kenny MacAskill MSP on 6 February 2014.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the Bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence (March 2014)
- Watch Fred Tyler give oral evidence to the Justice Committee at Stage 1 (18 March 2014)
- The Law Society of Scotland's written evidence to the Finance Committee (March 2014)
- Stage 1 Brief (May 2014)
- Stage 2 Amendments (June 2014)
- Stage 3 Briefing (October 2014) **NEW**