Intellectual property law
Call for evidence: Transitional provisions for repeal of section 52 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
- Visit the Intellectual Property Office website to view the call for evidence
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (November 2013)
Rules of procedure for the Unified Patent Court
Public consultation on the rules of procedure for the Unified Patent Court.
- Visit the Unified Patent Court website to view the consultation
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (September 2013)
Proposed changes to the Patents Act 1977
The Intellectual Property Office is considering introducing changes to the Patents Act 1977 to facilitate more work sharing between the UK and other patent offices to help speed up international patent processing, to introduce an easier way for patent owners to provide public notice of their patent rights and to correct and modernise a small number of aspects of the patents legislation to provide clarity and legal certainty to users of the patent system.
- Visit the IPO website to view the consultation
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (February 2013)