Banking, company and insolvency law
The Register Of People With significant Control (Psc Register)
A discussion paper on the guidance and secondary legislation needed for the register of people with significant control of a company.
- Visit the gov.uk website to view the consultation
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (December 2014)
Draft Deregulation Bill
The Deregulation Bill is part of the government's ongoing drive to remove unnecessary bureaucracy.
- Visit the UK Parliament website to view the draft bill
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (September 2013)
- The Law Society of Scotland's letter to MPs (February 2014)
Balance of Competences review: Single Market - Financial Services and the Free Movement of Capital
The government is carrying out a review of the balance of competences between the UK and the EU. The review will provide an analysis of what the EU does and how it affects the UK. The Review of the balance of competencies detailed guide provides full details of the review programme.
- Visit the Gov.uk website to view the consultation
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (January 2014)