Scottish Government Consultation on Children's Rights and Services Planning
The Scottish Government is holding a consultation on the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014. In particular, the Government is seeking views on non-statutory guidance for Part 1 (section 2) of the Act and statutory guidance for Part 3 of the Act which covers arrangements for children's services planning – purpose, requirements, process, reporting and review.
- View the consultation on the Scottish Government website
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (June 2016)
Commission and Diligence in Family actions in the Civil Courts
The Family Law Committee has provided comments to the Scottish Government on suggestions that the law needs to be changed in relation to the way commission and diligence is exercised in family actions in the civil courts.
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (May 2016)
Written Evidence - Review of Family Law (Scot) Act 2006
The Justice Committee is conducting post-legislative scrutiny of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006 and is currently seeking views on where to focus its scrutiny via a targeted call for evidence.
- Visit the Scottish Parliament website to view the call for evidence and written submissions received.
- The Law Society of Scotland's response (February 2016)