Listen to this website with BrowseAloud
Visitors can listen to this website with BrowseAloud, which is free to website visitors and can be easily downloaded from the BrowseAloud Website.
What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud makes websites accessible to those who require online reading support, which is 20% of the UK population. It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use, floating toolbar (see below). You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
- Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice (Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
- Reads secure web pages
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Converts text to MP3
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
How do I download BrowseAloud?
If you need anymore help with BrowseAloud, please contact their Support Team on:
- Tel: +44 (0) 28 9442 8105
- Email: email@example.com
BrowseAloud is the world leading text-to-speech solution from Texthelp Systems Ltd which is designed to improve website accessibility for those with literacy difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments or where English is a second language. With a choice of 17 high quality voices covering 9 international languages and a number of unique features, BrowseAloud is quickly being adopted worldwide.
Texthelp Systems Ltd was formally incorporated in 1996 and specialise in the design of assistive software solutions to support those struggling to read and write. The company is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, an Adobe Solutions Network Developer, an Apple Business Partner, an HP Business Partner and is ISO 9001:2008 accredited. For the past ten consecutive years, Texthelp Systems Ltd has been a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award winning company.
For more information contact Donna on 028 9442 8105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.