Society appoints Wesleyan as practice finance expert
Wesleyan, the specialist financial services provider for lawyers, has been appointed as the Law Society of Scotland’s first expert partner providing financial advice to sole practitioner solicitors and high street law firms.
This is the first of a series of partnerships the Society is launching this year and recognises Wesleyan’s expertise in working with small legal practices. The agreement means the mutual and its team of financial consultants in Scotland will provide advice to law firms of up to six partners through a dedicated web portal, seminars and articles on how to grow their businesses as well as look after their personal finances.
Wesleyan will also run educational events on commercial and personal finance with the Society, as well as arrange in house training.
Lorna Jack, Chief Executive of the Law Society of Scotland, said: “Wesleyan has shown it understands the financial pressures law firms face and how it can help solicitors ensure their financial viability over the long term to enable them to develop and grow. I’m very pleased to announce this new partnership and look forward to working with Wesleyan in helping our members achieve their business goals.”
Alec Collie, Wesleyan’s Area Manager in Scotland, said: “We have worked hard to build relationships with the legal sector in Scotland and are delighted to form this partnership with the Society.
“We really understand the financial needs of law firms, whether they need loans for short term needs, such as supporting cash flow for tax and VAT payments and finance for Professional Indemnity Insurance, as well as capital expenditure and equity buy-ins. We can also advise individual lawyers, ensuring their personal finances are in shape throughout their career to retirement and beyond.”
ENDS 13 FEBRUARY 2015
Notes to Editors:
- The Law Society of Scotland is the professional body for Scottish solicitors. Founded in 1949 it regulates, represents and supports its solicitor members working in Scotland, the UK and around the globe. It also has an important duty towards the public interest. www.lawscot.org.uk
- Wesleyan provides specialist financial advice and solutions for doctors, dentists, lawyers and teachers.
- Wesleyan is a mutual founded in Birmingham in 1841.
- Wesleyan is the only life office to be ranked 10 out of 10 for ten successive years in Cazalet Consulting’s independent survey of with profits offices.
- The Wesleyan Group has in excess of £5.6 billion of assets under management as at 31 December 2013.
- Wesleyan Assurance Society Head Office: PO Box 3420, Colmore Circus Birmingham B4 6AR. Website: www.wesleyan.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Law Society of Scotland media relations
Val McEwan 0131 226 8884
Wesleyan Press Office
Bernadette Bogan 0121 200 9609
Neil Whelan email@example.com
Patrick Tooher 0161 235 0341