Last day to vote in Law Society Council elections
Voting closes tomorrow for this year’s Law Society Council elections and solicitors working in Glasgow and Fife are being encouraged to make the most of their vote.
12 candidates are standing for the seven seats that represent the Glasgow and Strathkelvin constituency and the Cupar, Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy constituency.
Lorna Jack, chief executive of the Law Society, said: "Council members play an important role at the Law Society. They are responsible for representing the views of Scottish solicitors, supporting members in their local area and making decisions affecting the profession. I would encourage our members to take the opportunity to vote for their preferred candidates.”
Members have until 12 noon, 18 May to cast their votes and successful candidates will be appointed as Council members on 27 May, after this year’s annual general meeting on Thursday, 26 May.
More information about the candidates and how to vote can be found on the Society’s website at /councilelections.
The full list of candidates for the contested 2016 Council elections:
Cupar, Dunfermline & Kirkcaldy – two Council seats
- Gwen Haggerty, BSW Solicitors, Dunfermline
- Andrew Taylor, Taylor Law Limited, Rosyth
- Susan Williams, WilliamsGrayWilliams Ltd, Cupar
Glasgow & Strathkelvin - five Council seats
- Alison Atack, Lindsays, Glasgow
- Philip Curle, Curle Stewart, Solicitors, Glasgow
- Morven Douglas, Morisons LLP, Glasgow
- Daniel Donaldson, Legal Spark Law Centre, Glasgow
- Austin Lafferty, Austin Lafferty Solicitors, Glasgow
- Anne Macdonald, Harper MacLeod LLP, Glasgow
- David Mair, Glasgow City Council, Glasgow
- Nicholas Taylor, HBJ Gateley, Glasgow
- Ross Yuill, The Glasgow Law Practice, Glasgow