Rules, Guidance and Other Information
Explanation of categories:
- Rules: These are the Law Society of Scotland Practice Rules 2011. Compliance with practice rules is mandatory unless a waiver has been granted. To check what rules apply see Rule A3
- Guidance: The purpose and status of Guidance is explained in the Statement on Guidance. Compliance with most Guidance is non-mandatory but you may be required to justify any departure from Guidance in the event of any complaint being made.
- Advice & Information: This is supplementary advice and information which may be of assistance to you
- Forms and Fees: These are the forms and fees which relate to practice rules or Guidance
- Alerts: These are recent developments in the law or in practice which may affect rules or Guidance