Guidance related to rule B6.23: Anti-Money Laundering
(Subject to final ministerial approval of additional material) the LSS has decided to adopt the Law Society of England & Wales (LSEW) AML Practice Note.
Once fully approved, the document will be augmented with additional material which is felt to be necessary for Scottish practitioners.
- Adopting a risk-based approach to AML controls
- Adopting adequate and effective AML Systems, policies and procedures
- Adequate and effective Customer due diligence procedures
- Information on primary money laundering offences
- Information on AML issues and Legal professional privilege
- Terrorism offences
- Making a disclosure under the SAR regime
- Enforcement Measures
- Civil liability
- Money laundering warning signs
- Money laundering offences and reporting practical examples
- Definitions and glossary
For further anti-money laundering & financial crime background information, advice and resources relevant to Scottish solicitors, please click here.
Furthermore, a wealth of useful LSEW practical hints and tips on AML matters can be found here