- ISO9001 – the internationally recognised standard for quality management systems. Certification to ISO9001 for quality management is commonplace among UK organisations.
- ISO27001 – a specification for an information security management system. There is an increasing requirement for firms to be certified to the ISO27001 standard for information security.
There is an increasing drive from government departments to ensure that commercial companies in their supply chain conform to best cybersecurity practice. Every firm should implement the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials scheme, which sets out the minimal technical security standard that all firms should meet. This will provide you and your clients with reassurance that you are taking the basic steps necessary to mitigate the cyber risk.
Cyber Essentials– certification consists of online completion of a self-assessment questionnaire which is then reviewed by a certifying body.
- Certification based on self-assessment / completion of questionnaire.
- Assessment typically costs £300, but additional support is usually required for small firms.
Cyber Essentials PLUS
Certification as for Cyber Essentials, together with system auditing by an independent assessor.
- Assessment typically costs around £1,500, with additional costs to support preparation.