5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Breaking through financial jargon to interpret account statements and balance sheets can be daunting. This one day course will give you the knowledge and skills required to operate with confidence when undertaking finance tasks.
Karen Price, founder of KMP Training, will explain budget control and accurate forecasting, effective cost-management, how to understand company accounts and cash flow statements as well as how to make a business case for investment in this essential and practical course.
This introductory one-day workshop is perfect for legal professionals at all levels who wish to gain a practical working knowledge of finance. It would also be of particular relevance for those looking towards their next career milestone or level of responsibility.
- Understanding the financial jargon
- How to construct a budget
- Components of operational and sales budgets
- Budgeting for capital expenditure
- Forecasting and forecasting aids and how to interpret the trends
- Cost types and behaviours
- The importance of credit control and managing cash flows
- How to interpret accounts, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Company reports and accounts
- Key accounting ratios
- Company valuations and acquisitions
- How to make a business case for investment and the financial criteria required
Karen Price, KMP Training
Karen was previously a divisional finance director with a large media group and later took responsibility for all management training within the division.
Karen has planned, co-ordinated and delivered management training up to board level in a major publishing company. She has also operated as an internal consultant on human resources issues and advised on gaining recognition under the Investors in People scheme.
A former finance director, Karen is a member of the Institute of Credit Management.