Date: 4th August 2021
Time: 10:00 - 12:10
CPD Hours: 10hoursThese workshops focus on core skills for both your written and oral advocacy needs. Designed to assist solicitor advocates refine their techniques and enhance effectiveness in the course of their practice
10 hours verifiable CPD (2 hours per workshop) | May - September 2021
Meet your Solicitor Advocate focused10 hours CPD requirement and get ahead in 2021 with our newest launch –Advocacy focused Workshop: Advanced Level series.
These workshops focus on core skills for both your written and oral advocacy needs. Designed to assist solicitor advocates refine their techniques and enhance effectiveness in the course of their practice; they are equally relevant to solicitors who are involved in litigation and wish to refresh or refine their written and oral advocacy skills to an advanced level or work towards qualifying for higher rights of audience.
Put together in a dynamic format, during each workshop you will have the opportunity to join the speakers and attending delegates in the discussions and ask questions specific to your needs. You can attend all the workshops if you like, or just the ones that suit you.
- Learn how to structure a good written opinion
- Understand key considerations of drafting pleadings
- Gain insight into what constitutes an effective written submission
- Review the key points for interim advocacy
Workshop One : Wednesday 5 May 2021
Workshop two : Wednesday 2 June 2021
Workshop three: Wednesday 7 July 2021
Workshop four: Wednesday 4 August 2021
Workshop five: Wednesday 1 September 2021
Prices per workshop:
Member = £79.00
Non-member = £90.85
New-member = £67.15
Prices exclude VAT*
- The form and structure of a good written opinion
- Ability of practitioners to frame opinions understandable to lay persons
- Where does fair notice end
- What facts are essential?
- What evidence to plead?
- Burden of proof and how it affects your pleadings
- Grounds of appeal
- Notes of arguments
- Discussing facts and evidence
- Presentation skills
- Citing authorities
- Remote advocacy
- Statement in Chief
- Cross Examination