Date: 26th October 2022 - 27th October 2022
Time: 09:30 - 13:00
CPD Hours: 6hoursWith a mix of scenario-based sessions and examples of good and poor practice, we will discuss effective ways to identify, assess, manage and prevent the risks of money laundering and financial crime.
6 hours verifiable CPD
Following a very successful 2021 conference, join us for our popular AML and Financial Crime Conference for practical guidance on recent and upcoming trends and developments in financial crime and its prosecution.
With a mix of scenario-based sessions and examples of good and poor practice, we will discuss effective ways to identify, assess, manage and prevent the risks of money laundering and financial crime.
The programme will give you many opportunities to engage with speakers and colleagues, and to pose questions on the matters that are most relevant to your work.
Save the date in your diary and look out for programme details to be confirmed soon.
- Learn about key updates and the main issues impacting your practice in 2022.
- Hear about recent money laundering cases in courts and tribunals and their implications, as well as essential regulatory updates
- Gain invaluable best practice guidance ranging from effective risk assessment and horizon scanning to conducting internal investigation
- Understand the impact of international events on AML rule
- Learn about the prosecution of financial crime in Scotland, as well as the grounds and defences for breach of regulations.
"I thoroughly enjoyed this AML conference, it is the best Law Society CPD of the year - it's useful, valuable and easy to understand. The speakers are always excellent and the content is very relevant, interesting and so important."
"The AML & Financial Crime Conference 2021 was incredibly informative and useful. Variety of topics covered and advice as to how to implement the requirements into day-to-day usage."
"This course provided a lot of useful information for any partner responsible for the administration of the business, compliance etc."
"A very useful and informative update on the regulations and requirements for AML compliance and one I would recommend not only for MLROs but for all relevant staff."
"The AML seminar was both informative and interesting. I found it very helpful and have learned a lot from attending. I would recommend it."
"As always this was a very informative and practical conference with great speakers."
"Very impressive array of speakers."