Date: 27th February 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:20
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesScottish charities hold a primary position in society. As society evolves, so does the law which regulates and guides it. This conference will keep you informed and updated on the law.
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us this February for our new Charity law conference, shaped and designed based on member feedback. Scottish charities hold a primary position in society. As society evolves, so does the law which regulates and guides it. Come along, be informed and stay updated.
Whether you advise charities in private practice, or work in-house, throughout the day, each session will give you important reference points and top tips on all stages and challenges in the ‘life-span’ of a charity.
You will also have the opportunity, at the end of each session, to join the expert speakers in the discussion on the latest developments and to ask questions on specific matters affecting your practice.
Are you a solicitor who specialises in Charity law and would like to develop your career and marketing in this area? If so you may want to think about applying to become an Law Society of Scotland accredited specialist. To find out more see Accredited Specialisms.
At this event you will gain:
- An understanding of when a charitable status is suitable for your client organisation
- Practical guidance on how to best manage the needs of your charity clients from establishing to governance
- Insights into reforms and regulations, and their implications for your practice
- Victoria Simpson, Director, Anderson Strathern LLP
- Gillian Harkness, Director, Burness Paull
- Catriona Watt, Partner, Anderson Strathern LLP
- Kenneth Pinkerton, Legal Director, Turcan Connell
- Lynne Lamont, Head of Charities (Scotland), Brewin Dolphin