Date: 6th October 2021
Time: 09:00 - 14:35
CPD Hours: 4hours 30minutesJoin us online for a deep-dive into the changing landscape around child welfare reporters in Scotland.
4.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us online for a deep-dive into the changing landscape around child welfare reporters in Scotland.
Whether you are already operating as a child welfare reporter or are interested in becoming one, this course will provide you with practical guidance around the role, the application process and the new regulatory requirements considered under the Children (Scotland) Act 2020. We will also offer top tips on the practical issues and dilemmas that child welfare reporters commonly encounter in their work; delve into the key considerations around domestic abuse and child protection issues post-pandemic; and guide you through the ‘dos’ and ‘don’ts’ for preparing top quality reports.
- The role, regulatory requirements and application process to become a child welfare reporter: current regime and future direction of travel
- Practical guidance on the common dilemmas faced by child welfare reporters
- Domestic abuse and child protection issues: what did we learn from the pandemic?
- Best practice guidance for preparing top quality reports
- Ask questions to our expert speakers on the matters that most affect your day-to-day work
- The role of CWRs: an overview
- How to apply to become a CWR: current regime and future reform
- Regulatory requirements: present and future
During this interactive workshop, the facilitator will offer practical tips and expert guidance on what to do and what not to do to in order to prepare good quality reports.
This session provides an opportunity for delegates to ask any further questions they might have on the themes discuss during the previous sessions. It will also be a networking opportunity for participants to share their thoughts and experiences on the aspects that most affect their day to day work.