Date: 23rd January 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:35
CPD Hours: 6hoursFollowing the ‘life-cycle’ of a contract, the conference will explore the key issues in contract drafting, negotiation, management and litigation.
Join us in Aberdeen this winter for our Commercial contract law conference, following our popular Glasgow event.
Whether you are looking to refresh your contract drafting skills or to hear about recent decisions and current developments, the conference will offer practical tips and updated guidance through best practice, case law update and specialised insights.
Following the ‘life-cycle’ of a contract, our speakers will offer expert tips for drafting effective agreements; share their expertise for negotiating and managing contracts to mitigate associated risks; update you on the latest relevant cases; and discuss future scenarios in the area of alternative dispute resolution and in the current Brexit landscape.
At the end of each session, you will have the opportunity to join the speakers in the discussion and to ask questions on specific matters affecting your practice.
By attending this conference, you will gain:
- A refresher on good drafting practice to avoid common errors and mitigate risks
- Insights into the Scottish Law Commission’s proposed reform of contract formation and its practical implications
- Practical guidance on how to best manage your contracts to avoid risks and liabilities, also in the oil and gas sector
- Updated knowledge of the latest key cases around commercial contracts
- An understanding of the current developments in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution, and of the main issues around jurisdiction post-Brexit.
- Dr Kirsty Hood QC
- Gillian Jamieson, Partner, Anderson Strathern
- Peter Alderdice, Senior Associate, Shepherd and Wedderburn
- Bryan Wilson, Partner, Brodies LLP
- Allan Mackenzie, Principal Solicitor (Commercial), Aberdeenshire Council
- Leigh Anderson, Senior Solicitor (Corporate and Commercial), Aberdeenshire Council
"Really informative and engaging"
"Very impressive speakers. Well organised conference."
"Full and detailed course. Ability to gain significant CPD in one session"
"The course was well presented and very infomative"
"Very practical. Good to hear practitioner experience"
"Interesting, informative, varied, relevant"