CPD Hours: 6hours
6 hours verifiable CPD | across two mornings
Watch our expert speakers explore the core developments that affect children’s rights in relation to family formation, litigation, and breakdown in the context of both domestic and international developments. Including comprehensive guidance on the latest legislative developments, issues of child relocation and abduction in the wake of Brexit, trauma-informed practice in family law litigation.
- Reflect on the impact of the last 12 months on children-relates issues for family law practitioners, with particular attention to child contact
- Get expert guidance on the latest legislative developments
- Learn about the key issues in assessing parental rights and responsibilities in modern family formations (including surrogacy, donor conception, adoption)
- Gain insight into trauma-informed practice and expert evidence in family litigation, and how these affect children’s views in the courts
- Hear about key child relocation and abduction issues in the context of Brexit
- Reflecting on the impact of Covid-19 on child law and practice
- The main issues around residence and contact
- Overview of the main changes to the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and their practical implications for your work
- Practical guidance on the main changes to court procedure
- Surrogacy, donor conception, same-sex couples
- Case law update
- Discussion of key issues and recent decisions
- Practitioners’ perspective: how to give witnesses a very good instruction? When to instruct a witness, why to instruct a witness, how the court will treat the evidence
- Expert’s perspective: what do we need from practitioners for a good letter of instruction?
- Trauma-informed practice and expert evidence: how does this inform children’s views in the family courts?
"This is one of the most interesting and useful CPD events I have ever attended. I would definitely book this CPD again in years to come"
"Excellent conference. Good, relevant and useful topics"
"Fantastic quality and great overview of all topics covered"
"Much needed practical advice"
"Great conference with a lot of useful information and very interesting speakers"
"Excellent, relevant seminar that will be useful to me in practice"