Date: 1st November 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:20
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesJoin us in Edinburgh this April for comprehensive updates on the latest legislative developments and key decisions in core areas of family law.
Due to Covid-19 we have postponed this event. We will endeavour to reschedule this event as soon as possible. If you have already booked a place for this event, or require more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us in Edinburgh this April for comprehensive updates on the latest legislative developments and key decisions in core areas of family law.
With our child law conference taking place later in the spring, the programme will focus primarily on relationship breakdown and financial issues. Come along to hear about practical guidance and expert insights on spousal maintenance, asset protection and financial provisions upon divorce, top tips for drafting pre- and post-nuptial agreements, ADR, cross-border issues and much more.
The programme will offer many networking opportunities, and the possibility to ask questions on the matters that most affect your day-to-day work.
Are you a solicitor specialising in the areas of law, and would like to have your expertise recognised? If so, our specialist accreditation scheme may be for you. We offer specialist accreditation in Family Law, Child Law and also accredit Family mediators. To find out if you qualify see Specialist Accreditation.
At this event you will:
- Refresh your knowledge of the main legislative developments of the last 12 months
- Hear about the case of Villiers v Villiers and the key cross-jurisdictional issues in cases involving spousal maintenance, and in the current Brexit landscape
- Learn about the main cases and decisions of 2019 around financial provisions upon divorce
- Gain practical guidance for drafting effective pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Get expert tips for effectively advising your clients on finance and pension management upon divorce
- Discuss key themes around alternative dispute resolution, with specific attention to mediation and collaboration
- Kate Dowdalls QC, Commissioner, Scottish Law Commission
- Amanda Masson, Partner, Harper Macleod LLP
- John West, Associate, SKO Family Law Specialists
- Philippa Cunniff, Partner, Head of Family Law, Gilson Gray LLP
- Nadine Martin, Senior Associate, Harper Macleod LLP
- Anne Hall Dick, Inkdance Family Mediation
- Alison Edmondson, Director, SKO Family Law Specialists
- Conor Forker, Investment Manager, Brewin Dolphin
"This is one of the most interesting and useful CPD events I have ever attended. I would definitely book this CPD again in years to come."
"Excellent, relevant seminar that will be useful to me in practice."
"Much needed practical advice."
"Great conference with a lot of useful information and very interesting speakers."