Date: 25th September 2019
Time: 08:50 - 17:00
80 High Street
The Royal Mile
CPD Hours: 6hours 30minutesOur family law conference will explore the latest legislative developments, identify and address key challenges and explore the latest legislative developments and most pressing issues in family law practice.
6.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us this autumn for our Family law conference, where we will explore the latest legislative developments and most pressing issues in family law practice.
2019 had been a busy year in many core areas of Scots family law. From the introduction of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018 to the proposed reform of cohabitants' rights and the law of surrogacy, to current child protection issues, modern family structures and their challenges, and recent decisions in separation and divorce cases, this conference will provide you with both concise updates and in-depth dives into key developments and their practical implications.
At the end of each session, you will also have the opportunity to pose questions to our expert speakers and to discuss particular issues affecting your practice.
The programme will also feature the latest from our Family Law Committee with an update and insight into the Children (Scotland) Bill.
Are you a solicitor specialising in the areas of law, and would like to have your expertise recognised? If so, our specialist accreditation scheme may be for you. We offer specialist accreditation in Family Law, Child Law and also accredit Family mediators. To find out if you qualify see Specialist Accreditation.
By attending this conference, you will:
- Advance your knowledge of the main legislative developments affecting Scots family law this year
- Hear about current issues and proposed updates to child protection and support;
- Get expert insight into the Children (Scotland) Bill and its implications;
- Learn about the latest key cases on financial provisions upon separation and divorce;
- Identify the key legal issues and challenges that modern family structures pose to practitioners;
- Pose questions and scenarios to our experts on matters affecting your practice.
- Helen Hughes, Partner, McAuley McCarthy & Co (Chair)
- Amanda Masson, Partner, Harper Macleod
- Sarah Crawford, Lead Solicitor, Scottish Women's Rights Centre
- Robert Gilmour, Director, SKO Family Law Specialists
- John Fotheringham, Consultant Solicitor, Flexlaw Ltd
- Lucia Clark, Partner, Morton Fraser
- John Kerrigan, Consultant, Blackadders
- Alison Edmondson, Director, SKO Family Law Specialists
- Naeema Sajid, Partner, Aberdein Considine and Member, Law Society of Scotland Family Law Sub-committee
- Kirsty McGuinness, Associate, Turcan Connell
- Nicola Hogg, Solicitor, Accredited specialist in child law