Date: 31st March 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:45
200 St Vincent Street
CPD Hours: 6hoursThis course will appeal to those who have recently moved in-house in both the public and private sectors. The programme has been specifically designed to support and guide new in-house solicitors or those going into a solo legal counsel role or a small in-house team.
Due to Covid-19 we have postponed this event. We will endeavour to reschedule this event as soon as possible. If you have already booked a place for this event, or require more information, please email: email@example.com
6 hours verifiable CPD
Are you embarking on an in-house career?
Join us on 31 March for insights, debate, and practical training given by experienced in-house lawyers and expert guidance from Law Society of Scotland colleagues. New features included to help meet your needs include our morning mini-roundtable and afternoon workshop where we will discuss in-house practice, and learn more about in-house risk in ‘Identifying risk and understanding your organisation’s risk appetite’.
This course will appeal to those who have recently moved in-house in both the public and private sectors. The programme has been specifically designed to support and guide new in-house solicitors or those going into a solo legal counsel role or a small in-house team.
We will explore the unique challenges faced by in-house communities, and reflect upon the distinctive relationships with employers and different business functions.
The course will help answer questions such as:
- How do you succeed in the transition from private practice to in-house?
- What does it mean to advise an organisation with a whole new set of questions and expectations than those faced before?
You will also be able to share your experiences and participate in two facilitated group discussions applying ethical dilemmas and challenging internal dynamics to professional practice related case studies.
At this course you will gain an understanding of:
- How to identify in-house legal practice objectives and deliver them
- Developing your role from legal counsel to strategic business partner
- Alignment and understanding within your organisation
- Your relationship with the practice rules
- Ethics and key professional practice considerations in the in-house environment
- Client management: External legal services and internal teams
- The challenges facing other in-house legal teams and solutions
- Leadership and strategic communication
"An invaluable day with a fascinating breadth and depth of speakers."
"Probably the best overall standard of speaker I've heard at a CPD event."
"Great event – I’m feeling much more confident in my in-house role as a result"
"A great opportunity to meet other in-house solicitors and share practical tips"
"very relatable to see experiences of others"
"speakers, excellent, engaging, interesting exciting"