Date: 5th September 2019
Time: 09:00 - 16:10
200 St Vincent Street
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesThis conference will aim to untangle the issues surrounding insolvency and debt recovery, addressing the recent legal changes and how they can be managed in practice.
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Insolvency law and practice has undergone a number of fundamental changes in recent years, a process that has accelerated with the introduction of the new Scottish insolvency rules in 2006. With companies adopting more intricate structures and operating across more borders than before, the insolvency process has become more complex and debt recovery has posed a different set of challenges.
This conference will aim to untangle these issues, addressing the recent legal changes and how they can be managed in practice.
Are you a solicitor specialising in these areas of law, and would like to have your expertise recognised? If so, our specialist accreditation scheme may be for you. We offer specialist accreditation in Insolvency Law and also in Debt and Asset Recovery law. To find out if you qualify see Specialist Accreditation.
At this conference you will:
- Get to grips with the new Insolvency (Scotland) (Company Voluntary Arrangements and Administration) Rules 2018 and Insolvency (Scotland) (Receivership and Winding Up) Rules 2018
- Explore the new obligations for stakeholder challenges including office-holders and creditors
- Gain insight on cross-border insolvency and managing proceedings across jurisdictions
- Reflect on the latest in debt recovery best practice
- Learn the Proposed changes to protected trust deeds and explore the future of the Debt Arrangement Scheme
- Investigate and balance the correct remedies and the role of mediation
- Steven Jansch, Partner and Head of Insolvency, Gilson Gray
- Andrew Foyle, Partner/Solicitor Advocate, Shoosmiths
- Dr Richard Dennis, Chief Executive, The Accountant in Bankruptcy
- Stephen Cowan, Partner, Yuill + Kyle
- Bobby Lindsay, Lecturer, University of Glasgow
- Eileen Maclean, Director, Insolvency Support Services Limited
- Paul Kirkwood, Solicitor and Commercial Mediator
- Christina Barr, Solictor, Brodies LLP
- Louise Laing, Senior Associate, Brodies LLP
- Sian Aitken, Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna Olswang LLP
"An excellent and informative CPD session"
"Enjoyable day - nice to engage with other attendees"