Date: 30th January 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:15
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
CPD Hours: 6hoursJoin us as we explore the latest developments in intellectual property law, from protecting your clients creative rights to insights into GDPR we'll get you up to speed on how to best advise your clients.
6 hours verifiable CPD
How to protect your client’s creative rights? How to draw a future-ready contract and deliver a winning brand protection strategy? What are the key court reforms and recent decisions from the Scottish IP Court that impact your practice? Brexit or GDPR on your mind?
Join our expert speaker to answer these questions and much more. Whether you are new to the fast-paced world of intellectual property or have many years of experience under your belt, we have something for everybody. With plenty of opportunities to engage in lively and extensive discussions during this full day conference put together in a dynamic format of briefing and in-depth analysis, you will be 2020 ready.
Are you a solicitor who specialises in Intellectual Property law and would like to develop your career and marketing in this area? If so you may want to think about applying to become an Law Society of Scotland accredited specialist. To find out more see Accredited Specialisms.
*Agenda subject to change
By attending this conference, you will:
- Understand creative rights and how to draft future-ready contracts
- Get top tips from delivering a winning brand protection strategy to your clients
- Insights into GDPR and social media issues for IP practitioners
- Update on Scottish IP Court reforms and recent decisions
- Colin Hulme, Partner, Burness Paull - Accredited Specialist in Intellectual Property Law
- Usman Tariq, Ampersand Advocates
- David Goodbrand, Partner, Burness Paull
- Alison Bryce, Partner, Dentons
- Roisin Higgins QC, Axiom Advocates
- Neeraj Thomas, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP - Accredited Specialist in Intellectual Property Law
- Gemma Kelly, Associate, Thorntons
- Rebecca Henderson, Solicitor, MacRoberts LLP
- Susan O'Farrell, Associate, MacRoberts LLP