Date: 20th November 2019
Time: 12:30 - 16:30
200 St. Vincent Street
CPD Hours: 3hours 30minutesThis event will explore the fundamentals of each stage of media law practice. from brand management to mapping out intra-UK defamation.
3.5 hours verifiable CPD
Join us in Glasgow to explore the fundamentals of each stage in media law practice, from brand management to mapping out intra-UK defamation law. On the day we will outline and examine media law’s interaction with other areas of law, equipping you on how to best advise your clients on complex matters.
Advent of technology and innovative means of communication is changing the landscape of media and entertainment law. The speed at which information is shared and the depth and breadth of the audience it reaches, at the click (or touch!) of a button has never been witnessed before. As fascinating as developments in media law are - for the legal sector, they bring unique challenges and legal questions spanning a multiplex of areas of law far and wide.
At this event you will:
- Learn effective strategies for brand protection and reputation management
- Understand media matters from broadcaster's perspective
- Get insight into managing convergence between traditional media and online
- Develop techniques for practicing advocacy in media related cases
- Gain knowledge of emerging defamation law difference and possible reconciliation
- Campbell Deane, Partner, Bannatyne Kirkwood France & Co.
- Kirsteen MacDonald, Director, Burness Paull
- Helen Arnot, Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, STV
- Liam McMonagle, Partner, Corporate & Commercial, GDPR, Intellectual Property, Thorntons Law
- Rebecca Ablett, Senior Solicitor, Burness Paull