Date: 16th October 2019
Time: 09:00 - 16:25
Perth Concert Hall
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesJoin our expert speakers and meet with peers and colleagues to hear about current developments and key issues in mental health law and practice.
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
Our Mental health law conference is back in Perth on Wednesday 16 October. Join our expert speakers and meet with peers and colleagues to hear about current developments and key issues in mental health law and practice.
The programme will cover a variety of relevant updates and insights into core areas of mental health law, and will offer you plenty of opportunities to network and to ask questions on matters affecting your practice.
At this event you will:
- Gain expert insight into the review of Scottish mental health law
- Hear about recent cases on assisted dying and implementation of advance directives
- Advance your understanding of the key issues around discrimination in mental health law
- Hear from Mental Health Officers and Independent Advocates about their role and challenges
- Learn about the work of Lawscot Wellbeing and identify well-being strategies to help you communicate with clients and colleagues
- Pose questions and scenarios on matters affecting your practice
- Amanda Millar, Vice President, Law Society of Scotland
- Colin McKay, Chief Executive, Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- Lorraine O'Neill, Mental Health Officer, South Lanarkshire Health and Social Care Partnership
- David Leighton, Advocate, Hastie Stable
- Laura Dunlop QC, Hastie Stable & President, Mental Health Tribunal for Scotland
- Julie Hutton, Senior Advocacy Worker, Independent Advocacy Perth & Kinross
- Colin Walker, Mental Health Advocate, Independent Advocacy Perth & Kinross
- Dr Roger Smyth MBChB MPhil FRCPsych LLM, Consultant Psychiatrist, Department of Psychological Medicine – Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- Olivia Moore, Interim Head of Careers & Outreach, Law Society of Scotland
- Lyndsey Thomson, Careers and Outreach Co-ordinator, Law Society of Scotland