Date: 8th September 2021 - 9th September 2021
CPD Hours: 6hoursJoin us for comprehensive updates on Personal Injury law and practice.
6 hours verifiable CPD | across two mornings
Join us for comprehensive updates on Personal Injury law and practice.
Designed for both pursuers and defenders, the programme will reflect on the impact of Covid-19 on PI litigation and the practical issues that are expected to emerge in relation to Covid litigation.
We will also update you on the latest decisions and awards; provide you with expert guidance on cost and funding; and on the practical operation of Chapter 42A of the Rules of the Court of Session one year after its introduction.
With a mix of main sessions and breakout discussions, the agenda will also feature practical updates on specific areas of PI work such as abuse claims, medical negligence, occupiers’ liability and more, allowing you to tailor the conference to your individual interests.
With ample space for discussion built into the programme, you will have the opportunity to ask questions on the issues that most affect your area of work.
- Reflect on PI litigation post-Covid and looking ahead: challenges and opportunities
- Practical issues emerging from Covid litigation: causation, fault, vicarious liability
- Overview of the latest decisions
- Practical guidance on success fee agreements, QOCS and group proceedings
- Case management under Chapter 42A of the Rules of the Court of Session: what we have learned one year on
- Join breakout discussions for practical updates on individual areas of PI work
- The impact of Covid-19 on PI work
- Practical implications on court work: challenges, opportunities and looking to the future
- Covid litigation: issues of fault, causation, vicarious liability – what to look out for
- Success fee agreements
- QOCS: the main issues
- Group proceedings