Date: 29th January 2020
Time: 09:00 - 12:45
200 St. Vincent Street
CPD Hours: 3hoursThis seminar will provide a business development session for firms, both with and without marketing departments, to provide advice, tools and guidance on how to benefit from the marketing campaign for business growth that has continued on from the November 2019 'Power of Attorney Day'.
3 hours verifiable CPD
Did you miss our Power of Attorney seminar in September 2019?
Following the excellent feedback from our seminar in September 2019, we re-visit Health and Social Care Scotland's 'My Power of Attorney' campaign and the first national Power of Attorney Day, which took place on 20 November 2019. Members of the public were directed to contact their local solicitors to ‘start the conversation’ – has your firm prepared for an increase in clients seeking advice?
This seminar will provide a business development session for firms, with and without marketing departments, to provide advice, tools and guidance on how to benefit from the targeted marketing campaign for business growth. The campaign uses a range of channels to engage the public and continues to impact. Learn how simple, planned targeting for firms of all sizes will generate great engagement as well as offering the ability to “coat tail” on the national campaign.
The seminar will also feature a legal update, led by expert solicitors, on the latest legal developments in Power of Attorney practice, as well as a practical capacity workshop, led by former Public Guardian for Scotland and consultant to Scottish Government Adults with Incapacity Act Reform Team, Sandra McDonald.
By attending this event you will gain:
- Guidance on how to target an audience, coattail, and capitalise on the national health campaign 'My Power of Attorney'
- Preparation tools for converting Power of Attorney day to client acquisition
- An update on legal and practice aspects of Power of Attorney instructions and drafting reforms
- An understanding of capacity and how to direct conversations with clients
- Sandra McDonald, EX-PG Ltd and former Public Guardian for Scotland
- Jamie Smith, Power of Attorney Campaign Director, Enterprise Screen
- Alison Hempsey, Partner, TC Young Solicitors
"Very good balance of business and legal content"
"An interesting mix of speakers – very worthwhile"
"Very different type of event with excellent speakers"
"Always enjoy Law Society seminars – enjoyable, relevant and useful, would highly recommend"