Date: 5th October 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:05
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
CPD Hours: 5hoursThis conference will bring together sole practitioners and high street solicitors from across Scotland. Choose to join us on Saturday 5 October in Edinburgh or attend remotely for the latest tools and peer guidance to review and strengthen your strategy.
This conference has sold out. You may be interested in our General Practice Conference later this month, see here for more details.
5 hours verifiable CPD
This page is to register to attend the conference in person.
Our conference will bring together sole practitioners and high street solicitors from across Scotland to focus on the qualities that unite them. Choose to join us on Saturday 5 October in Edinburgh or attend online, individually or as part of a faculty. The ‘what unites us’ theme will address: excellence in service, proactive practice management and improving profitability.
Throughout the day, our briefing sessions will deliver actionable insights on how to assess and celebrate your value as a small practice. The aim is to further enable you to provide your clients with well-informed advice and practical support.
Peer-learning and debate, including our online attendees, will provide a pool of information throughout the day on the matters that are vital to your practice role, to others in similar firms, and the communities you serve.
Join the conference remotely in the comfort of your own home, office or as part of your faculty. For more information and to register please visit this page.
At this conference you will:
- Find out the developments in the regulatory environment that will affect your firm
- Take time to consider how you would set up your firm in a different way or tweak structures to make efficiency a priority
- As we assess profitability, forecasting and assessment skills in smaller firms, gain the expertise of accountants and financial assessors to test how much you know about your own financials
- Focus on the value of you and the mechanics of your wellbeing
- Hear tips and tools to improve client experience and interaction with your practice
- Gain the benefit of Law Society guidance from our AML and Professional Practice team
- Philip A. Hannay, Managing Director, Cloch Solicitors
- Amanda Millar, Vice President, Law Society of Scotland
- Martha Clark, Partner, McSherry Halliday
- Chetna Bhatt, CEO & Co-founder, Being Lawyers
- Morna Grandison, Director of Interventions, Law Society of Scotland
- Lucie Durie, Senior Solicitor, Law Society of Scotland
- Alex White, AML Auditor, Law Society of Scotland
- Chris Davidson, Director, Moore Legal Technology
- Katie Wood, Head of Admissions, Law Society of Scotland
- Calum Stewart, Director, Gerber Landa & Gee, Chartered Accountants
- Darren Smith, Gerber Landa & Gee, Chartered Accountants
- Paul McCluskey, Gemstone Legal