Date: 28th January 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:05
200 SVS Conference & Events
200 St Vincent St
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesDuring this conference our expert speakers will discuss the latest developments, future scenarios and core challenges in various areas of wills, trusts and executry work, providing you with practical guidance and case law updates throughout the day.
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
The law of succession is evolving rapidly, with new and upcoming developments affecting various areas of private client work. From the rise of modern family structures to the challenges posed by an increasingly digital world, there are many aspects that practitioners need to keep up-to-date with.
During this conference our expert speakers will discuss the latest developments, future scenarios and core challenges in various areas of wills, trusts and executry work, providing you with practical guidance and case law updates throughout the day.
You will also have plenty of opportunities to discuss and network with peers and colleagues, and to ask questions on specific matters affecting your practice.
Are you a solicitor who specialises in Trusts law or Private Client Tax Law and would like to develop your career in either of these areas? If so you may want to think about applying to become an Law Society of Scotland accredited specialist. To find out more see Accredited Specialism.
By attending this conference, you will:
- Gain insights into current developments in the Scottish law of succession;
- Explore the practical and legal issues posed by digital assets and electronic communication;
- Increase your understanding of the main differences between Scottish and English law of succession, and the aspects to keep in mind when dealing with cross-border assets;
- Refresh your knowledge of the use of trusts and tax developments in succession planning;
- Hear about key challenges and recent cases around contentious executries and succession planning for family businesses;
- Get cross-discipline tips from family law experts into key areas of private client work.
- John Kerrigan, Consultant, Private Client, Blackadders LLP, Chair
- Alison Edmondson, Director, SKO Family Law Specialists
- Simran Panesar-Saggu, Associate, Turcan Connell
- Peter Murrin, Partner, Turcan Connell
- John McArthur, Partner, Gillespie Macandrew LLP
- Eilidh M. Scobbie, former Partner, Burnett & Reid LLP
- Nick Marshall, Senior Associate, Brodies
- Ian Macdonald, Partner, Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP
- Susan Hoyle, Partner, Wright, Johnston & Mackenzie LLP