This year’s International Conference of Legal Regulators (ICLR) is being hosted by the Law Society of Scotland in Edinburgh, 5-6 September 2019. It will be held in the Waldorf Astoria, right in the heart of Edinburgh, within a stone’s throw of the world renowned Edinburgh Castle.
Some of the potential themes at this year's conference will include:
- Anti Money Laundering
- Client Trust Funds & Third Parties
- Complaints and discipline
- CPD and retaining competence
- Digital content
- Education & Training
- Entity Regulation
- Equality, diversity and access to justice
- Ethics and code of conduct
- Lawyers and client money
- Lawyers and Me Too
- Legal market regulation
- New and Emerging Regulators - the challenges of building a regulator; restructured and reformed regulators
- New Technology for the legal market
- Quality & Competence in Legal Services
- Regulation & Data: Implications for the legal profession
- Regulator Roles & Responsibilities
- Training & Admission Standards to the Profession
If you are interested in contributing as a speaker or session chair in any of these areas, please get in touch with Jim McKay firstname.lastname@example.org
Below prices include VAT:
Conference fee: £490.00
Early bird rate*: £390
Includes attendance at the full conference, refreshments and lunch on both days and attendance at the welcome drinks reception on Wednesday 4 September.
Dinner tickets: £100.00
Tickets are available to purchase for conference attendees and guests. The dinner will take place on Thursday 5 September.
*Early bird rate applies until Friday 7 June 2019.
The conference will be held at:
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
Built in 1903, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - the Caledonian is a historic icon in the heart of Edinburgh's Princes Street and is within walking distance of Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
There will be a welcome drinks reception on Wednesday 4 September at a venue to be confirmed.
There will be a conference dinner on the evening of Thursday 5 September at a venue to be confirmed. Tickets can be purchased for conference attendees and partners.