Please note that as of Tuesday 17 March until June 30 2020, all Law Society CPD face-to-face events have been postponed in response to Covid-19. This includes the postponement of our upcoming New Partner Practice Management Course due to take place on 27 May 2020. Those who have already registered to attend the course on 27 May will be contacted in due course with a new date.
Please note it is still compulsory for all new partners to attend the New Partner Practice Management Course within 12 months of assuming that role.
For more information on our event postponements please click here.
Our practice rules require anyone who becomes a “manager of a practice” to attend the New Partner Practice Management course (PMC) within 12 months of assuming that role. A "manager of a practice" is defined at Rule D 2.2 and includes sole practitioners, partners in firms and a member or director of an incorporated practice.
It is also open to anyone considering becoming a partner and interested in finding out more about what their legal responsibilities would be - once completed, it is valid for 12 months.
The course is formed of two components: online modules and a training day. Upon completion of the course, all participants will gain 10 hours verifiable CPD.
Price: £375 +VAT
- Standards of conduct and service adherence
- Demonstrating good practice in client service
- Minimising risks and Master Policy
- Accounts rules
- Anti money laundering regulations
- Business processes and management accounts
- Knowledge of financial imperatives in running a business
- Responsibilities to the profession and the public
- Ethical dimensions
- Business development and strategic planning