Brewin Dolphin offers specialist advice on the unique requirements of partners as their career and family evolve. Our clients range from those who are working towards partnership or have just accepted a partnership, to senior partners contemplating retirement.
Services for partners
We offer specialist advice for law executives, addressing the different challenges that emerge as your career progresses. We help you to achieve your financial goals through every stage of your career.
Two keys areas of support
You have access to two types of adviser who in combination can help you achieve your long-term ambitions:
Our financial planners can talk to you about your financial needs, delivering practical advice and solutions appropriate for the different stages of your work and family life. Where necessary, we can also deal with your in-house compliance team about Personal Independence, to enable you to:
- Make the most of your allowances
- Savings and cash management
- Life and health insurances
- Retirement planning (professional services SIPP)
- Education fees planning
- Planning for later life care
- Inheritance tax planning
Your Brewin Dolphin investment manager will build a portfolio of investments to suit your risk profile and meet your financial goals, within the confines of Personal Independence regulations.
- You have direct access to a specialist investment manager who is available to regularly meet with you as required
- Your manager will respond quickly on your behalf when market conditions change, adjusting your portfolio as appropriate
- The investments within your portfolio will have been recommended by our award-winning in-house research team
- You will receive regular portfolio valuations and market updates and be able to view your portfolio at any time through your secure online account
Support high standards of compliance
Certain partners and advisers must abide by strict rules when investing in shares. Our compliance approach means you have complete peace of mind when we manage your investments for you.
We are highly experienced in interpreting complex Personal Independence rules, which are implemented differently from firm to firm. Our team aims to ease the compliance burden under which you operate and, if required, we can work with central teams to ensure partners do not inadvertently breach the rules.
With your consent, we can work on a ‘pre-clearance’ basis - so that investments are checked against a prohibited securities list supplied by your compliance team - before making investments on your behalf.
We can provide details of investments to your compliance team within an agreed period of time (including contract notes).
We can also advise your compliance team of any share disposals.
Professional services SIPP
Self-invested Personal Pensions (SIPP) can be designed for partners and partnerships. They can also be the ideal vehicle for consolidating pension plans accumulated over the years.
With you throughout your career
From early years as a partner to late career and retirement, we will support throughout your financial life.