In order to start the process, you must have a valid practicing certificate, either a restricted or full one. This applies to both the ID-only card and the Smartcard with signature. If you do not hold a PC, we cannot process your submission or create a card for you.



Requesting a new/replacement Smartcard with digital signature

We will be issuing new/replacement Smartcards with digital signatures in the new practice year.

Requesting an ID-only card

Law Society ID-only cards are available for members who need to use photographic ID to access courts, prisons, police stations etc in the course of their working day.