Date: 5th October 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:05
CPD Hours: 5hoursThis conference will bring together sole practitioners and high street solicitors from across Scotland. Choose to attend remotely for the latest tools and peer guidance to review and strengthen your strategy.
5 hours verifiable CPD
This page is to register to attend the conference from a remote location.
Our conference will bring together sole practitioners and high street solicitors from across Scotland to focus on the qualities that unite them. Choose to join us on Saturday 5 October in Edinburgh or attend online, individually or as part of a faculty. The ‘what unites us’ theme will address: excellence in service, proactive practice management and improving profitability.
Throughout the day, our briefing sessions will deliver actionable insights on how to assess and celebrate your value as a small practice. The aim is to further enable you to provide your clients with well-informed advice and practical support.
Peer-learning and debate, including our online attendees, will provide a pool of information throughout the day on the matters that are vital to your practice role, to others in similar firms, and the communities you serve.
Remote access testimonial - Society of Advocates in Aberdeen
"At the Society of Advocates in Aberdeen we have used the remote access facility for our members to 'attend' several of the seminars held in the LSS offices in Edinburgh. Once you download the app it is very easy to use and it is a great way of gaining CPD hours without the hassle and cost of travelling. We can see the slides and hear the presentation, and there is also a chat function if you want to type a comment or question. All very user friendly and easy! Highly recommended remote access, our members love being able to just pop to their local venue to benefit from the training as well as the great networking which takes place before and after."
Join us in person and network with colleagues in Edinburgh on Saturday 5 October. For more information and to register please visit this page.
At this conference you will:
- Find out the developments in the regulatory environment that will affect your firm
- Take time to consider how you would set up your firm in a different way or tweak structures to make efficiency a priority
- As we assess profitability, forecasting and assessment skills in smaller firms, gain the expertise of accountants and financial assessors to test how much you know about your own financials
- Focus on the value of you and the mechanics of your wellbeing
- Hear tips and tools to improve client experience and interaction with your practice
- Gain the benefit of Law Society guidance from our AML and Professional Practice team
- Philip A. Hannay, Managing Director, Cloch Solicitors
- Amanda Millar, Vice President, Law Society of Scotland
- Martha Clark, Partner, McSherry Halliday
- Chetna Bhatt, CEO & Co-founder, Being Lawyers
- Morna Grandison, Director of Interventions, Law Society of Scotland
- Lucy Durie, Senior Solicitor, Law Society of Scotland
- Alex White, AML Auditor, Law Society of Scotland
- Chris Davidson, Director, Moore Legal Technology
- Katie Wood, Head of Admissions, Law Society of Scotland
- Calum Stewart, Gerber Landa & Gee, Chartered Accountants
- Darren Smith, Gerber Landa & Gee, Chartered Accountants
- Paul McCluskey, Gemstone Legal