Date: 29th January 2020
Time: 12:30 - 16:15
Venue to be confirmed
CPD Hours: 3hoursAttend this seminar for the latest tools, holistic approach and peer guidance to update and strengthen your strategy to provide credit advice and debt management solutions
3 hours verifiable CPD
Do you provide credit advice, debt management solutions or take court actions for (or against) debt recovery? Attend this seminar for the latest tools, holistic approach and peer guidance to update and strengthen your strategy.
The past decade has witnessed personal and consumer debts reaching new record levels, quickly becoming a raising concern for both businesses and councils alike. Civil justice statistics published this year, suggests that debt cases made up 46% of primary craves initiated at civil courts and debt initiations also increased by 22% from previous year. This trend makes the role of solicitors critical and brings with it challenges both unique and complex.
Are you a solicitor interested in specialising in this area of law? We offer specialist accreditation in a number of areas including Debt and asset recovery. Find out more and how to qualify Specialist Accreditation.
At this event you will:
- Understand key principle of consumer credit, codes and guidance
- Receive guidance on effective and high-quality debt management and solution advice
- Reflect on practical advocacy tips for your debt recovery practice
- Zibya Bashir, Senior Associate Solicitor, Ascent Legal Scotland, Accredited Specialist, Debt & Asset Recovery
- Joel Martin Conn, Partner, Mitchells Roberton and Accredited Specialist, Debt & Asset Recovery