Date: 7th June 2019
Time: 09:00 - 12:10
Law Society of Scotland
144 Morrison Street
CPD Hours: 2hours 30minutesThis breakfast seminar will explore the issues and challenges introduced by the strict drug driving limits and roadside testing which will be implemented across Scotland this October.
2.5 hours verifiable CPD
Strict drug driving limits and roadside testing will be introduced across Scotland in October this year. This measure is intended to accelerate the procedure for establishing if a driver is under the effect of drugs, and will have significant implications for defence strategies and the evidence for drug driving offences.
Join our road traffic experts where we will explore the updates that the reform will bring to the current regime, and allow participants to reflect on the main issues and challenges through discussion of the latest cases.
By attending this seminar, you will:
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of Scotland’s drug (and drink) driving laws
- Advance your knowledge of the relevant legislation, the drink and drug driving offences and penalties
- Learn about the practical implications of the reform, with specific attention to issues of defence and evidence
- Acquire useful insights from discussion of recent cases and their challenges
- Gillian Mawdsley, Policy Executive and Secretary of the Criminal Law Committee, Law Society of Scotland, Chair
- Inspector Vincent Fisher, Road Policing Command Support, Police Scotland
- David Storrie, Director, Thorley Stephenson SSC
- Dominic Sellar, Dominic Sellar & Co