Date: 31st January 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Law Society of Scotland
Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EX, United Kingdom
CPD Hours: 5hours 30minutesThis practical course will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to control and reduce the number of work days lost to your organisation through absence.
The control of absence is a major issue facing all businesses.
While absence may impact productivity and cause significant operational challenges, it is vital that employers know how to handle individual situations competently and within the law.
Register now for this one-day workshop to develop a practical framework - linked with an understanding of employee rights and duties - which will help control and reduce the number of work days lost through absence.
Are you a solicitor specialising in employment law or discrimination law? We offer specialist accreditation in both areas, and you may qualify to apply. To find out more see Specialist Accreditation
- Legal framework within which absences must be dealt with
- Six major causes of absence from work
- Good practice for minimising unauthorised employee absence
- How to conduct back to work interviews, employee counselling sessions and formal meetings
- The impact of the Disability Discrimination Act when dealing with absence
- Good practice in dealing with different types of absence: long term, persistent, short term, illness, unauthorised
- Barriers to dealing effectively with employee absence
- Proper disciplinary procedures for use when faced with unauthorised absence
- Employees' legal rights to unauthorised absence and how to address these
Bill Templeton is an accomplished manager, employment law and health and safety specialist with more than 35 years’ experience in virtually every business sector.
Bill provides bespoke training in a number of areas including employment law, equality and diversity, managing absence, dealing with difficult situations and a number of health and safety at work areas, including risk assessment, for clients in both the public and private sectors.
Reduced rate (Trainees, new members, accredited paralegals)
- £245 + VAT
- £195 + VAT (more than one place)
- £295 + VAT
- £245 + VAT (more than one place)
- £345 + VAT
- £295 + VAT (more than one place)
- £195 + VAT
To book more than one place, enquire about bespoke and/ or in-house training please email CPD@lawscot.org.uk