The new General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') coming into force in May 2018 will significantly change the EU data protection regime. It will replace the current Data Protection Directive which forms the basis for the existing data protection regime.
Presented by James McGachie, Legal Director with DLA Piper Scotland LLP, this event will focus on the changes to data protection law across Europe and the consequent impact on your organisation, including:
- who the GDPR applies to and impacts current data protection law
- how businesses can prepare for the implementation of the GDPR
- how the GDPR ultimately affects your own role of In-house legal
Why should I attend?
By attending, you will:
- get an introduction to GDPR
- learn from recent case law
- gain a deeper understanding of the particular issues facing in-house lawyers
- have your questions on GDPR answered
At your own computer
Abredeen AB16 5GB
Scottish Social Services Council, Compass House
11 Riverside Drive
Dundee DD1 4NY
East Ayrshire Council
Kilmarnock KA3 7BU
STV, Pacific Quay
Glasgow G51 1PQ
Inverness (audio only)
Inverness IV3 5NX
Elgin IV30 1BX
Paisley PA1 1TT
Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
Isle of Lewis HS1 2BW
Other venues will be added as and when they become available. Please contact us to enquire about streaming to your location
James McGachie is a litigator and regulatory lawyer, with particular focus on commercial litigation, public law, intellectual property and information security.
James acts on both national and international disputes and representations.
His clients include UK and Scottish public bodies, and private companies across a range of sectors including oil and gas, aviation, pharmaceutical, medical and outsourcing.