Date: 18th September 2019
Time: 10:00 - 16:30
Law Society of Scotland
Atria One, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8EX, United Kingdom
CPD Hours: 5hoursThis one-day practical workshop will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to deliver projects successfully.
Effective project management skills are essential for the 21st century professional.
Business activities proactively planned with clear objectives identified and set from the outset save time, resources and increase the prospects of delivering stated aims and goals.
This course focuses on the basic aspects and key principles of successful project management, incorporating a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques that will improve participants confidence and competence in managing projects, when applied in the workplace.
- Recognise when it is appropriate to adopt a ‘project’ approach to managing workload
- Apply a simple life cycle to a project to break it into easy to manage stages
- Clearly define projects to provide clarity in terms of background, objectives, project scope and critical success factors
- Identify and manage risks proactively
- Become more effective in monitoring and controlling project work, change requests and resourcing pressures by using best practice processes and techniques
- Understand what lessons can be learnt from managing work using a project approach
This course is ideal for anyone new to project management, wanting to develop a project management approach to their work or sharpen up their skills.
Bryan Leslie is an accredited coach and trainer, qualified in DISC personality and PIAV personal motivator profiling.
Bryan started his career in financial services in London and Edinburgh, working in operations management, business consultancy and human resources for the Royal Bank of Scotland and Standard Life. In 2003, he founded his own training company, Abacus Coaching Ltd, working with organisations to develop the leadership and management skills of their people.
Reduced rate (Trainees, new members, accredited paralegals)
- £245 + VAT
- £195 + VAT (more than one place)
- £295 + VAT
- £245 + VAT (more than one place)
- £345 + VAT
- £295 + VAT (more than one place)
- £195 + VAT
To book more than one place, enquire about bespoke and/ or in-house training please email CPD@lawscot.org.uk