Date: 26th June 2018
Time: 09:00 - 16:40
67 Hope Street
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
At this It’s the Law conference we will delve into the most pressing issues in conveyancing practice. We will focus on the nuances and complexities of the modern client. Our experts will also bring you up to speed on vital technical legal updates and delve into practical guidance on conveyancing risks. The programme will also feature the latest from Registers of Scotland, the SLCC and the Law Society on matters that affect your practice.
This is an unrivalled opportunity for conveyancing professionals to join together in a great atmosphere to expand their commercial knowledge, share ideas and network with colleagues within the field.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ann Stewart, Shepherd and Wedderburn
- Robert Gilmour, SKO Family Law Specialists
- David Buchanan-Cook, Scottish Legal Complaints Commission
- Jennifer Henderson, Registers of Scotland
- Isobel d'Inverno, Brodies LLP
- Donald Reid, Mitchells Roberton
- Greg Sanders, Advocate, Westwater Advocates
- Gillian Alexander, Solicitor, Professional Practice, Law Society of Scotland
Join us this summer for It’s the Law – one day, one location, three unmissable conferences dedicated to private client work, family law and conveyancing.
- Identify the key issues in advising buy to let clients in the new tenancy regime and what conveyancers need to consider regarding cohabitees in complex scenarios
- Gain valuable knowledge, insight on claims trends and guidance from the SLCC
- Pose best practice questions and scenarios to our experts in our risks in cybersecurity, fraud and GDPR panel
- Explore neighbour and boundary disputes and the remedies available
- Tricky ADS issues and how to deal with them, including first time buyer's relief and mixed purchases
- Gain the latest update on access rights and Right to Roam legislation
"I am a dual qualified lawyer and really enjoyed this - better standard and atmosphere than English equivalents. More engagement"
"The most useful part of the day? The exposure to updates and opinions about what has been and is happening that I was previously unaware of or unsure about"
"One of the best, most useful events I’ve been at that the Law Society have run"