Date: 26th June 2018
Time: 09:00 - 16:40
67 Hope Street
5.5 hours verifiable CPD
The private client conference agenda has been designed to give you the tools you need to stay on top of the latest developments in legislation, private client practice and procedure so that you can provide your clients, families and family businesses with the best possible legal, procedural and strategic advice.
Hear from carefully selected industry experts on a variety of practical and technical issues in estate planning, wills, trusts, and tax that impact your private client practice.
Each session will feature opportunity to discuss and troubleshoot your queries with accredited experts and fellow practitioners.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Murrin, Partner, Lindsays
- Claire E MacPherson, Burness Paull
- Eilidh M. Scobbie, Burnett and Reid, Member of Trust and Succession Committee and Tax Law Committee
- John McArthur CTA TEP, Head of Tax, Gillespie Macandrew
- John Kerrigan, Partner, Morisons LLP
- Sarah Jackson, Associate Director, Savills
Join us this summer for It’s the Law – one day, one location, three unmissable conferences dedicated to private client work, family law and conveyancing.
Find out more about becoming an accredited specialist in Incapacity and mental disability law, Private client tax or Trusts law.
- Identify the complexities and implications of the new trust registration regime
- Consider the latest in comprehensive tax updates including comment and guidance on the main residence nil band
- Explore insights on succession and planning for the future in the farm and family business
- Gain valuable knowledge across the latest estates guidance
- Obtain insight on how to deal with art and antiques in complex situations
- Opportunities to pose best practice questions and scenarios to leading multi-disciplinary experts across the private client arena
"I loved being able to ask questions afterwards in private and how friendly and approachable all the speakers were - I thought everyone did a great job! Well done- most educational and enjoyable!"
"The content was excellent. The length of each speech was just right. I cannot rate this seminar highly enough."